Uzbekistan is a country located in Central Asia. There are 5 countries (Afghanistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan) that Uzbekistan shares its borders with. As for languages, the country’s residents speak Uzbek and Russian. Traveling across Uzbekistan if English is your first (and only) language may be difficult due to language barriers.
In the EF English Competency Index (EF EPI), which assesses the language proficiency of non-native speaking countries, Uzbekistan was ranked 88th out of 100 countries in 2021.
The national currency in Uzbekistan is Uzbekistani so’m (UZS). The som (лв) is subdivided into 100 tiyin.
With today’s currency rate, 1 EUR is worth 12235.19 UZS and 1 USD is worth 11401.85 UZS.
Check with your bank before your trip to find out if there are any fees for using your card abroad. Some banks do not charge fees when you use a foreign ATM or pay in foreign currency, but others may charge a fixed cost for each transaction or allow a limited number of free withdrawals. The travel card provided by Wise.com, Revolut or Monose might be an excellent option to cut down on transaction fees.
Ookla® Speedtest The average fixed internet speed in Uzbekistan is 67.02 Mbps and mobile is 50.72 Mbs.The global average is 159.18 Mbps and 109.61 Mbps respectively.
ATM Density When compared to the world average, Uzbekistan has more ATMs.52.01 ATMs per 100,000 people.The global average is 39.69.
SIM Registration In order to purchase a SIM card in Uzbekistan, a passport or ID is required as identification.
There are 2 socket types used in Uzbekistan. Type C is a popular socket type throughout Europe (except the United Kingdom), Russia, and certain Asian countries. Type I is not very common around the world, so it might be a good idea to check if your electronics need an adapter.
The sockets’ shapes and voltage differ from country to country and a travel plug adapter may be required. Portable devices, such as phones, notebooks or tablets, usually handle the entire range of voltages used across the world (110-240V).
- EF English Proficiency Index (EF Education First)
- Speedtest Global Index® (Ookla®)
- Automated teller machines (ATMs) (per 100,000 adults) (The World Bank Group)
- Registration Policies Per Country (Prepaid Data SIM Card Wiki)
What hotel chains are present in Uzbekistan?
There are no Mariott hotels in Uzbekistan.
The Hilton hotel chain operates in Uzbekistan.
There are no IHG hotels in Uzbekistan.
There are no Best Western hotels in Uzbekistan.
There are Radisson hotels in Tashkent.
There are no Accor hotels in Uzbekistan.
What fast food chains are present in Uzbekistan?
The McDonald’s chain does not operate in Uzbekistan.
The KFC chain does not operate in Uzbekistan.
The Burger King chain does not operate in Uzbekistan.
The Subway chain does not operate in Uzbekistan.
The Domino’s Pizza chain does not operate in Uzbekistan.
The Starbucks chain does not operate in Uzbekistan.
- Country by National Dish (Samson Daniel)
What is the weather like in Tashkent?
Weather data for Tashkent (capital city) by Open-Meteo.com
Railways There are passenger trains , and some of them are high-speed trains.
Subway Systems The subway system is available in Tashkent.
Taxi Apps Unfortunately neither Uber nor Bolt are available in Uzbekistan.
- List of high-speed railway lines (Wikipedia)
- List of metro systems (Wikipedia)
- Left- and right-hand traffic (Wikipedia)
- The Global Enabling Trade Report 2016: Road connectivity (World Economic Forum)
Emergency phones in Uzbekistan
- Uzbekistan Travel Advisory (United States: Department of State)
- Travel Advice for Uzbekistan (United Kingdom: The Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office)
- Mortality caused by road traffic injury (The World Bank Group)
- Corruption & Economic Crime (United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime)
Smoking & Alcohol
Smoking ban No known rules against smoking, or no information is available.
Cananbis legality Both recreational and medicinal use of cannabis is prohibited.
The products are only for your own use or consumption, or as a present for members of your household. They may not be imported for commercial purposes under any circumstances.
- 2L of alcoholic beverages, including beer
- 10 packages of tobacco products
- Customs regulations for individuals entering the territory of the Republic of Uzbekistan (State Customs)
- List of smoking bans (Wikipedia)
- Legality of cannabis (Wikipedia)