Tajikistan is a country located in Central Asia. There are 4 countries (Afghanistan, China, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan) that Tajikistan shares its borders with. As for languages, the country’s residents speak Tajik and Russian. Traveling across Tajikistan if English is your first (and only) language may be difficult due to language barriers.
In the EF English Competency Index (EF EPI), which assesses the language proficiency of non-native speaking countries, Tajikistan was ranked 103rd out of 100 countries in 2021.
The national currency in Tajikistan is Tajikistani somoni (TJS). The somoni is subdivided into 100 diram.
With today’s currency rate, 1 EUR is worth 11.72 TJS and 1 USD is worth 10.92 TJS.
Check with your bank before your trip to find out if there are any fees for using your card abroad. Some banks do not charge fees when you use a foreign ATM or pay in foreign currency, but others may charge a fixed cost for each transaction or allow a limited number of free withdrawals. The travel card provided by Wise.com, Revolut or Monose might be an excellent option to cut down on transaction fees.
Ookla® Speedtest The average fixed internet speed in Tajikistan is 40.7 Mbps and mobile is 21.55 Mbs.The global average is 159.18 Mbps and 109.61 Mbps respectively.
ATM Density It may be difficult to locate an ATM in Tajikistan.23.12 ATMs per 100,000 people.The global average is 39.69.
SIM Registration In order to purchase a SIM card in Tajikistan, a passport or ID is required as identification.
There are 3 socket types used in Tajikistan. Type C is a popular socket type throughout Europe (except the United Kingdom), Russia, and certain Asian countries. Type I is not very common around the world, so it might be a good idea to check if your electronics need an adapter.
The sockets’ shapes and voltage differ from country to country and a travel plug adapter may be required. Portable devices, such as phones, notebooks or tablets, usually handle the entire range of voltages used across the world (110-240V).
- EF English Proficiency Index (EF Education First)
- Speedtest Global Index® (Ookla®)
- Automated teller machines (ATMs) (per 100,000 adults) (The World Bank Group)
- Registration Policies Per Country (Prepaid Data SIM Card Wiki)
What hotel chains are present in Tajikistan?
There are no Mariott hotels in Tajikistan.
The Hilton hotel chain operates in Tajikistan.
There are no IHG hotels in Tajikistan.
There are no Best Western hotels in Tajikistan.
There are no Radisson hotels in Tajikistan.
There are no Accor hotels in Tajikistan.
What fast food chains are present in Tajikistan?
The McDonald’s chain does not operate in Tajikistan.
The KFC chain does not operate in Tajikistan.
The Burger King chain does not operate in Tajikistan.
The Subway chain does not operate in Tajikistan.
The Domino’s Pizza chain does not operate in Tajikistan.
The Starbucks chain does not operate in Tajikistan.
- Country by National Dish (Samson Daniel)
What is the weather like in Dushanbe?
Weather data for Dushanbe (capital city) by Open-Meteo.com
Railways There are passenger trains operating between some cities.
Subway Systems There is no subway system in any city.
Taxi Apps Unfortunately neither Uber nor Bolt are available in Tajikistan.
- List of high-speed railway lines (Wikipedia)
- List of metro systems (Wikipedia)
- Left- and right-hand traffic (Wikipedia)
- The Global Enabling Trade Report 2016: Road connectivity (World Economic Forum)
Emergency phones in Tajikistan
- Tajikistan Travel Advisory (United States: Department of State)
- Travel Advice for Tajikistan (United Kingdom: The Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office)
- Mortality caused by road traffic injury (The World Bank Group)
- Corruption & Economic Crime (United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime)
Smoking & Alcohol
Smoking ban Smoking is forbidden in all public indoor locations, with limited exceptions.
Cananbis legality Both recreational and medicinal use of cannabis is prohibited.
- List of smoking bans (Wikipedia)
- Legality of cannabis (Wikipedia)