Armenia is a country located in Western Asia. There are 4 countries (Azerbaijan, Georgia, Iran, Turkey) that Armenia shares its borders with. As for languages, the country’s residents speak Armenian and Russian. Traveling across Armenia if English is your first (and only) language may be difficult due to language barriers.
In the EF English Competency Index (EF EPI), which assesses the language proficiency of non-native speaking countries, Armenia was ranked 59th out of 100 countries in 2021.
The national currency in Armenia is Armenian dram (AMD). The dram is subdivided into 100 luma.
With today’s currency rate, 1 EUR is worth 413.24 AMD and 1 USD is worth 385.09 AMD.
Check with your bank before your trip to find out if there are any fees for using your card abroad. Some banks do not charge fees when you use a foreign ATM or pay in foreign currency, but others may charge a fixed cost for each transaction or allow a limited number of free withdrawals. The travel card provided by Wise.com, Revolut or Monose might be an excellent option to cut down on transaction fees.
Ookla® Speedtest The average fixed internet speed in Armenia is 77.21 Mbps and mobile is 38.5 Mbs.The global average is 159.18 Mbps and 109.61 Mbps respectively.
ATM Density When compared to the world average, Armenia has more ATMs.67.12 ATMs per 100,000 people.The global average is 39.69.
SIM Registration In order to purchase a SIM card in Armenia, a passport or ID is required as identification.
There are 2 socket types used in Armenia. Type C is a popular socket type throughout Europe (except the United Kingdom), Russia, and certain Asian countries.
The sockets’ shapes and voltage differ from country to country and a travel plug adapter may be required. Portable devices, such as phones, notebooks or tablets, usually handle the entire range of voltages used across the world (110-240V).
- EF English Proficiency Index (EF Education First)
- Speedtest Global Index® (Ookla®)
- Automated teller machines (ATMs) (per 100,000 adults) (The World Bank Group)
- Registration Policies Per Country (Prepaid Data SIM Card Wiki)
What hotel chains are present in Armenia?
There are Mariott hotels in 2 cities: Tsaghkadzor and Yerevan.
The Hilton hotel chain operates in Armenia.
The IHG hotel chain operates in Armenia.
The Best Western hotel chain operates in Armenia.
There are Radisson hotels in Yerevan.
The Accor hotel chain operates in Armenia.
What fast food chains are present in Armenia?
The McDonald’s chain does not operate in Armenia.
The KFC chain operates in Armenia.
The Burger King chain does not operate in Armenia.
The Subway chain does not operate in Armenia.
The Domino’s Pizza chain does not operate in Armenia.
The Starbucks chain does not operate in Armenia.
- Country by National Dish (Samson Daniel)
What is the weather like in Yerevan?
Weather data for Yerevan (capital city) by Open-Meteo.com
Railways There are passenger trains operating between some cities.
Subway Systems The subway system is available in Yerevan.
Taxi Apps Unfortunately neither Uber nor Bolt are available in Armenia.
- List of high-speed railway lines (Wikipedia)
- List of metro systems (Wikipedia)
- Left- and right-hand traffic (Wikipedia)
- The Global Enabling Trade Report 2016: Road connectivity (World Economic Forum)
Emergency phones in Armenia
- Armenia Travel Advisory (United States: Department of State)
- Travel Advice for Armenia (United Kingdom: The Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office)
- Mortality caused by road traffic injury (The World Bank Group)
- Corruption & Economic Crime (United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime)
Smoking & Alcohol
Smoking ban Inconsistent or only partially enforced smoke-free laws
Cananbis legality Both recreational and medicinal use of cannabis is prohibited.
- List of smoking bans (Wikipedia)
- Legality of cannabis (Wikipedia)