Sudan is a country located in Northern Africa. There are 7 countries (Central African Republic, Chad, Egypt, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Libya, South Sudan) that Sudan shares its borders with. As for languages, the country’s residents speak Arabic and English. Traveling across Sudan if English is your first (and only) language may be difficult due to language barriers.
In the EF English Competency Index (EF EPI), which assesses the language proficiency of non-native speaking countries, Sudan was ranked 98th out of 100 countries in 2021.
The national currency in Sudan is Sudanese pound (SDG). The pound is subdivided into 100 piastres (.س.ج).
With today’s currency rate, 1 EUR is worth 644.93 SDG and 1 USD is worth 601 SDG.
Check with your bank before your trip to find out if there are any fees for using your card abroad. Some banks do not charge fees when you use a foreign ATM or pay in foreign currency, but others may charge a fixed cost for each transaction or allow a limited number of free withdrawals. The travel card provided by Wise.com, Revolut or Monose might be an excellent option to cut down on transaction fees.
Ookla® Speedtest The average fixed internet speed in Sudan is 11.73 Mbps and mobile is 27.38 Mbs.The global average is 159.18 Mbps and 109.61 Mbps respectively.
ATM Density It may be difficult to locate an ATM in Sudan.6.42 ATMs per 100,000 people.The global average is 39.69.
SIM Registration In order to purchase a SIM card in Sudan, a passport or ID is required as identification.
There are 2 socket types used in Sudan. Type C is a popular socket type throughout Europe (except the United Kingdom), Russia, and certain Asian countries. Type D is not very common around the world, so it might be a good idea to check if your electronics need an adapter.
The sockets’ shapes and voltage differ from country to country and a travel plug adapter may be required. Portable devices, such as phones, notebooks or tablets, usually handle the entire range of voltages used across the world (110-240V).
- EF English Proficiency Index (EF Education First)
- Speedtest Global Index® (Ookla®)
- Automated teller machines (ATMs) (per 100,000 adults) (The World Bank Group)
- Registration Policies Per Country (Prepaid Data SIM Card Wiki)
What hotel chains are present in Sudan?
There are no Mariott hotels in Sudan.
There are no Hilton hotels in Sudan.
There are no IHG hotels in Sudan.
There are no Best Western hotels in Sudan.
There are no Radisson hotels in Sudan.
There are no Accor hotels in Sudan.
What fast food chains are present in Sudan?
The McDonald’s chain does not operate in Sudan.
The KFC chain operates in Sudan.
The Burger King chain does not operate in Sudan.
The Subway chain does not operate in Sudan.
The Domino’s Pizza chain does not operate in Sudan.
The Starbucks chain does not operate in Sudan.
- Country by National Dish (Samson Daniel)
What is the weather like in Khartoum?
Weather data for Khartoum (capital city) by Open-Meteo.com
Railways There are passenger trains operating between some cities.
Subway Systems There is no subway system in any city.
Taxi Apps Unfortunately neither Uber nor Bolt are available in Sudan.
- List of high-speed railway lines (Wikipedia)
- List of metro systems (Wikipedia)
- Left- and right-hand traffic (Wikipedia)
- The Global Enabling Trade Report 2016: Road connectivity (World Economic Forum)
Emergency phones in Sudan
- Sudan Travel Advisory (United States: Department of State)
- Travel Advice for Sudan (United Kingdom: The Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office)
- Mortality caused by road traffic injury (The World Bank Group)
- Corruption & Economic Crime (United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime)
Smoking & Alcohol
Smoking ban Inconsistent or only partially enforced smoke-free laws
Cananbis legality Both recreational and medicinal use of cannabis is prohibited.
- List of smoking bans (Wikipedia)
- Legality of cannabis (Wikipedia)