Chad is a country located in Middle Africa. There are 6 countries (Cameroon, Central African Republic, Libya, Niger, Nigeria, Sudan) that Chad shares its borders with. As for languages, the country’s residents speak French and Arabic.
The national currency in Chad is Central African CFA franc (XAF). The franc is subdivided into 100 centime.
With today’s currency rate, 1 EUR is worth 655.69 XAF and 1 USD is worth 611.03 XAF.
Check with your bank before your trip to find out if there are any fees for using your card abroad. Some banks do not charge fees when you use a foreign ATM or pay in foreign currency, but others may charge a fixed cost for each transaction or allow a limited number of free withdrawals. The travel card provided by Wise.com, Revolut or Monose might be an excellent option to cut down on transaction fees.
Ookla® Speedtest No data available.
ATM Density It may be difficult to locate an ATM in Chad.2.29 ATMs per 100,000 people.The global average is 39.69.
SIM Registration In order to purchase a SIM card in Chad, a passport or ID is required as identification.
There are 4 socket types used in Chad. Type C is a popular socket type throughout Europe (except the United Kingdom), Russia, and certain Asian countries. Type D is not very common around the world, so it might be a good idea to check if your electronics need an adapter.
The sockets’ shapes and voltage differ from country to country and a travel plug adapter may be required. Portable devices, such as phones, notebooks or tablets, usually handle the entire range of voltages used across the world (110-240V).
- EF English Proficiency Index (EF Education First)
- Speedtest Global Index® (Ookla®)
- Automated teller machines (ATMs) (per 100,000 adults) (The World Bank Group)
- Registration Policies Per Country (Prepaid Data SIM Card Wiki)
What hotel chains are present in Chad?
There are no Mariott hotels in Chad.
There are no Hilton hotels in Chad.
There are no IHG hotels in Chad.
There are no Best Western hotels in Chad.
There are Radisson hotels in N’Djamena.
There are no Accor hotels in Chad.
What fast food chains are present in Chad?
The McDonald’s chain does not operate in Chad.
The KFC chain does not operate in Chad.
The Burger King chain does not operate in Chad.
The Subway chain does not operate in Chad.
The Domino’s Pizza chain does not operate in Chad.
The Starbucks chain does not operate in Chad.
- Country by National Dish (Samson Daniel)
What is the weather like in N’Djamena?
Weather data for N’Djamena (capital city) by Open-Meteo.com
Railways There are no passenger trains available.
Subway Systems There is no subway system in any city.
Taxi Apps Unfortunately neither Uber nor Bolt are available in Chad.
- List of high-speed railway lines (Wikipedia)
- List of metro systems (Wikipedia)
- Left- and right-hand traffic (Wikipedia)
- The Global Enabling Trade Report 2016: Road connectivity (World Economic Forum)
Emergency phones in Chad
- Chad Travel Advisory (United States: Department of State)
- Travel Advice for Chad (United Kingdom: The Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office)
- Mortality caused by road traffic injury (The World Bank Group)
- Corruption & Economic Crime (United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime)
Smoking & Alcohol
Smoking ban Inconsistent or only partially enforced smoke-free laws
Cananbis legality Both recreational and medicinal use of cannabis is prohibited.
- List of smoking bans (Wikipedia)
- Legality of cannabis (Wikipedia)