Nepal is a country located in Southern Asia. There are 2 countries (China, India) that Nepal shares its borders with. The official language of Nepal is Nepali. Traveling across Nepal if English is your first (and only) language may be difficult due to language barriers.
In the EF English Competency Index (EF EPI), which assesses the language proficiency of non-native speaking countries, Nepal was ranked 62nd out of 100 countries in 2021.
The national currency in Nepal is Nepalese rupee (NPR). The rupee (Rs) is subdivided into 100 paisa.
With today’s currency rate, 1 EUR is worth 141.93 NPR and 1 USD is worth 132.26 NPR.
Check with your bank before your trip to find out if there are any fees for using your card abroad. Some banks do not charge fees when you use a foreign ATM or pay in foreign currency, but others may charge a fixed cost for each transaction or allow a limited number of free withdrawals. The travel card provided by Wise.com, Revolut or Monose might be an excellent option to cut down on transaction fees.
Ookla® Speedtest The average fixed internet speed in Nepal is 80.65 Mbps and mobile is 20.39 Mbs.The global average is 159.18 Mbps and 109.61 Mbps respectively.
ATM Density It may be difficult to locate an ATM in Nepal.20.26 ATMs per 100,000 people.The global average is 39.69.
SIM Registration In order to purchase a SIM card in Nepal, a passport or ID is required as identification.
There are 3 socket types used in Nepal. Type C is a popular socket type throughout Europe (except the United Kingdom), Russia, and certain Asian countries. Type D is not very common around the world, so it might be a good idea to check if your electronics need an adapter.
The sockets’ shapes and voltage differ from country to country and a travel plug adapter may be required. Portable devices, such as phones, notebooks or tablets, usually handle the entire range of voltages used across the world (110-240V).
- EF English Proficiency Index (EF Education First)
- Speedtest Global Index® (Ookla®)
- Automated teller machines (ATMs) (per 100,000 adults) (The World Bank Group)
- Registration Policies Per Country (Prepaid Data SIM Card Wiki)
What hotel chains are present in Nepal?
There are Mariott hotels in Kathmandu.
There are no Hilton hotels in Nepal.
The IHG hotel chain operates in Nepal.
There are no Best Western hotels in Nepal.
There are Radisson hotels in Kathmandu.
There are no Accor hotels in Nepal.
What fast food chains are present in Nepal?
The McDonald’s chain does not operate in Nepal.
The KFC chain operates in Nepal.
The Burger King chain does not operate in Nepal.
The Subway chain does not operate in Nepal.
The Domino’s Pizza chain does not operate in Nepal.
The Starbucks chain does not operate in Nepal.
- Country by National Dish (Samson Daniel)
What is the weather like in Kathmandu?
Weather data for Kathmandu (capital city) by Open-Meteo.com
Railways There are no passenger trains available.
Subway Systems There is no subway system in any city.
Taxi Apps Unfortunately neither Uber nor Bolt are available in Nepal.
- List of high-speed railway lines (Wikipedia)
- List of metro systems (Wikipedia)
- Left- and right-hand traffic (Wikipedia)
- The Global Enabling Trade Report 2016: Road connectivity (World Economic Forum)
Emergency phones in Nepal
- Nepal Travel Advisory (United States: Department of State)
- Travel Advice for Nepal (United Kingdom: The Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office)
- Mortality caused by road traffic injury (The World Bank Group)
- Corruption & Economic Crime (United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime)
Smoking & Alcohol
Smoking ban Smoking is forbidden in all public indoor locations, with limited exceptions.
Cananbis legality Both recreational and medicinal use of cannabis is prohibited.
- List of smoking bans (Wikipedia)
- Legality of cannabis (Wikipedia)