Bangladesh is a country located in Southern Asia. There are 2 countries (India, Myanmar) that Bangladesh shares its borders with. The official language of Bangladesh is Bengali. Traveling across Bangladesh if English is your first (and only) language may be difficult due to language barriers.
In the EF English Competency Index (EF EPI), which assesses the language proficiency of non-native speaking countries, Bangladesh was ranked 65th out of 100 countries in 2021.
The national currency in Bangladesh is Bangladeshi taka (BDT). The taka (Tk) is subdivided into 100 poisha.
With today’s currency rate, 1 EUR is worth 115.09 BDT and 1 USD is worth 107.26 BDT.
Check with your bank before your trip to find out if there are any fees for using your card abroad. Some banks do not charge fees when you use a foreign ATM or pay in foreign currency, but others may charge a fixed cost for each transaction or allow a limited number of free withdrawals. The travel card provided by Wise.com, Revolut or Monose might be an excellent option to cut down on transaction fees.
Ookla® Speedtest The average fixed internet speed in Bangladesh is 56.31 Mbps and mobile is 24.77 Mbs.The global average is 159.18 Mbps and 109.61 Mbps respectively.
ATM Density It may be difficult to locate an ATM in Bangladesh.11.45 ATMs per 100,000 people.The global average is 39.69.
SIM Registration In order to purchase a SIM card in Bangladesh, a passport or ID is required as identification.
There are 4 socket types used in Bangladesh. Type C is a popular socket type throughout Europe (except the United Kingdom), Russia, and certain Asian countries. Type D is not very common around the world, so it might be a good idea to check if your electronics need an adapter.
The sockets’ shapes and voltage differ from country to country and a travel plug adapter may be required. Portable devices, such as phones, notebooks or tablets, usually handle the entire range of voltages used across the world (110-240V).
- EF English Proficiency Index (EF Education First)
- Speedtest Global Index® (Ookla®)
- Automated teller machines (ATMs) (per 100,000 adults) (The World Bank Group)
- Registration Policies Per Country (Prepaid Data SIM Card Wiki)
What hotel chains are present in Bangladesh?
There are no Mariott hotels in Bangladesh.
There are no Hilton hotels in Bangladesh.
The IHG hotel chain operates in Bangladesh.
The Best Western hotel chain operates in Bangladesh.
There are Radisson hotels in 2 cities: Chattogram and Dhaka.
There are no Accor hotels in Bangladesh.
What fast food chains are present in Bangladesh?
The McDonald’s chain does not operate in Bangladesh.
The KFC chain operates in Bangladesh.
The Burger King chain operates in Bangladesh.
The Subway chain does not operate in Bangladesh.
The Domino’s Pizza chain operates in Bangladesh.
The Starbucks chain does not operate in Bangladesh.
- Country by National Dish (Samson Daniel)
What is the weather like in Dhaka?
Weather data for Dhaka (capital city) by Open-Meteo.com
Railways There are passenger trains operating between some cities.
Subway Systems The subway system is available in Dhaka.
- List of high-speed railway lines (Wikipedia)
- List of metro systems (Wikipedia)
- Left- and right-hand traffic (Wikipedia)
- The Global Enabling Trade Report 2016: Road connectivity (World Economic Forum)
Emergency phones in Bangladesh
- Bangladesh Travel Advisory (United States: Department of State)
- Travel Advice for Bangladesh (United Kingdom: The Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office)
- Mortality caused by road traffic injury (The World Bank Group)
- Corruption & Economic Crime (United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime)
Smoking & Alcohol
Smoking ban Inconsistent or only partially enforced smoke-free laws
Cananbis legality Both recreational and medicinal use of cannabis is prohibited.
- List of smoking bans (Wikipedia)
- Legality of cannabis (Wikipedia)