Uganda is a country located in Eastern Africa. There are 5 countries (Democratic Republic of the Congo, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania) that Uganda shares its borders with. As for languages, the country’s residents speak English and Swahili.
The national currency in Uganda is Ugandan shilling (UGX). The shilling (USh) is subdivided into 100 cent.
With today’s currency rate, 1 EUR is worth 4039.41 UGX and 1 USD is worth 3764.29 UGX.
Check with your bank before your trip to find out if there are any fees for using your card abroad. Some banks do not charge fees when you use a foreign ATM or pay in foreign currency, but others may charge a fixed cost for each transaction or allow a limited number of free withdrawals. The travel card provided by Wise.com, Revolut or Monose might be an excellent option to cut down on transaction fees.
Ookla® Speedtest The average fixed internet speed in Uganda is 20.77 Mbps and mobile is 39.05 Mbs.The global average is 159.18 Mbps and 109.61 Mbps respectively.
ATM Density It may be difficult to locate an ATM in Uganda.3.70 ATMs per 100,000 people.The global average is 39.69.
SIM Registration In order to purchase a SIM card in Uganda, a passport or ID is required as identification.
There is one common socket type used in Uganda. Type G is not very common around the world, so it might be a good idea to check if your electronics need an adapter.
The sockets’ shapes and voltage differ from country to country and a travel plug adapter may be required. Portable devices, such as phones, notebooks or tablets, usually handle the entire range of voltages used across the world (110-240V).
- EF English Proficiency Index (EF Education First)
- Speedtest Global Index® (Ookla®)
- Automated teller machines (ATMs) (per 100,000 adults) (The World Bank Group)
- Registration Policies Per Country (Prepaid Data SIM Card Wiki)
What hotel chains are present in Uganda?
There are no Mariott hotels in Uganda.
The Hilton hotel chain operates in Uganda.
There are no IHG hotels in Uganda.
The Best Western hotel chain operates in Uganda.
There are no Radisson hotels in Uganda.
There are no Accor hotels in Uganda.
What fast food chains are present in Uganda?
The McDonald’s chain does not operate in Uganda.
The KFC chain operates in Uganda.
The Burger King chain does not operate in Uganda.
The Subway chain does not operate in Uganda.
The Domino’s Pizza chain does not operate in Uganda.
The Starbucks chain does not operate in Uganda.
- Country by National Dish (Samson Daniel)
What is the weather like in Kampala?
Weather data for Kampala (capital city) by Open-Meteo.com
Railways There are no passenger trains available.
Subway Systems There is no subway system in any city.
- List of high-speed railway lines (Wikipedia)
- List of metro systems (Wikipedia)
- Left- and right-hand traffic (Wikipedia)
- The Global Enabling Trade Report 2016: Road connectivity (World Economic Forum)
Emergency phones in Uganda
- Uganda Travel Advisory (United States: Department of State)
- Travel Advice for Uganda (United Kingdom: The Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office)
- Mortality caused by road traffic injury (The World Bank Group)
- Corruption & Economic Crime (United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime)
Smoking & Alcohol
Smoking ban Smoking is forbidden in all public indoor locations, with limited exceptions.
Cananbis legality Both recreational and medicinal use of cannabis is prohibited.
- List of smoking bans (Wikipedia)
- Legality of cannabis (Wikipedia)