Somalia is a country located in Eastern Africa. There are 3 countries (Djibouti, Ethiopia, Kenya) that Somalia shares its borders with. As for languages, the country’s residents speak Somali and Arabic.
The national currency in Somalia is Somali shilling (SOS). The shilling (S) is subdivided into 100 senti.
With today’s currency rate, 1 EUR is worth 613.31 SOS and 1 USD is worth 569.51 SOS.
Check with your bank before your trip to find out if there are any fees for using your card abroad. Some banks do not charge fees when you use a foreign ATM or pay in foreign currency, but others may charge a fixed cost for each transaction or allow a limited number of free withdrawals. The travel card provided by Wise.com, Revolut or Monose might be an excellent option to cut down on transaction fees.
Ookla® Speedtest No data available.
ATM Density No data available.
SIM Registration No data available.
There is one common socket type used in Somalia. Type C is a popular socket type throughout Europe (except the United Kingdom), Russia, and certain Asian countries.
The sockets’ shapes and voltage differ from country to country and a travel plug adapter may be required. Portable devices, such as phones, notebooks or tablets, usually handle the entire range of voltages used across the world (110-240V).
- EF English Proficiency Index (EF Education First)
- Speedtest Global Index® (Ookla®)
- Automated teller machines (ATMs) (per 100,000 adults) (The World Bank Group)
- Registration Policies Per Country (Prepaid Data SIM Card Wiki)
What hotel chains are present in Somalia?
There are no Mariott hotels in Somalia.
There are no Hilton hotels in Somalia.
There are no IHG hotels in Somalia.
There are no Best Western hotels in Somalia.
There are no Radisson hotels in Somalia.
There are no Accor hotels in Somalia.
What fast food chains are present in Somalia?
The McDonald’s chain does not operate in Somalia.
The KFC chain does not operate in Somalia.
The Burger King chain does not operate in Somalia.
The Subway chain does not operate in Somalia.
The Domino’s Pizza chain does not operate in Somalia.
The Starbucks chain does not operate in Somalia.
- Country by National Dish (Samson Daniel)
What is the weather like in Mogadishu?
Weather data for Mogadishu (capital city) by Open-Meteo.com
Railways There are no passenger trains available.
Subway Systems There is no subway system in any city.
Taxi Apps Unfortunately neither Uber nor Bolt are available in Somalia.
- List of high-speed railway lines (Wikipedia)
- List of metro systems (Wikipedia)
- Left- and right-hand traffic (Wikipedia)
- The Global Enabling Trade Report 2016: Road connectivity (World Economic Forum)
Theft Occurrence Rate No data available.
Road Traffic Casualties 27.40 deaths per 100,000 people in 2019.The global average is 16.74.
Travel Advisory Level (U.S. DoS) No data available.
Emergency phones in Somalia
- Mortality caused by road traffic injury (The World Bank Group)
- Corruption & Economic Crime (United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime)
Smoking & Alcohol
Smoking ban No known rules against smoking, or no information is available.
Cananbis legality Both recreational and medicinal use of cannabis is prohibited.
- List of smoking bans (Wikipedia)
- Legality of cannabis (Wikipedia)