Burundi is a country located in Eastern Africa. There are 3 countries (Democratic Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Tanzania) that Burundi shares its borders with. As for languages, the country’s residents speak French and Kirundi.
The national currency in Burundi is Burundian franc (BIF). The franc is subdivided into 100 centime.
With today’s currency rate, 1 EUR is worth 3026.58 BIF and 1 USD is worth 2820.44 BIF.
Check with your bank before your trip to find out if there are any fees for using your card abroad. Some banks do not charge fees when you use a foreign ATM or pay in foreign currency, but others may charge a fixed cost for each transaction or allow a limited number of free withdrawals. The travel card provided by Wise.com, Revolut or Monose might be an excellent option to cut down on transaction fees.
Ookla® Speedtest The average fixed internet speed in Burundi is 9.98 Mbps and mobile is Mbs.The global average is 159.18 Mbps and 109.61 Mbps respectively.
ATM Density It may be difficult to locate an ATM in Burundi.1.42 ATMs per 100,000 people.The global average is 39.69.
SIM Registration In order to purchase a SIM card in Burundi, a passport or ID is required as identification.
There are 2 socket types used in Burundi. Type C is a popular socket type throughout Europe (except the United Kingdom), Russia, and certain Asian countries.
The sockets’ shapes and voltage differ from country to country and a travel plug adapter may be required. Portable devices, such as phones, notebooks or tablets, usually handle the entire range of voltages used across the world (110-240V).
- EF English Proficiency Index (EF Education First)
- Speedtest Global Index® (Ookla®)
- Automated teller machines (ATMs) (per 100,000 adults) (The World Bank Group)
- Registration Policies Per Country (Prepaid Data SIM Card Wiki)
What hotel chains are present in Burundi?
There are no Mariott hotels in Burundi.
There are no Hilton hotels in Burundi.
There are no IHG hotels in Burundi.
There are no Best Western hotels in Burundi.
There are no Radisson hotels in Burundi.
There are no Accor hotels in Burundi.
What fast food chains are present in Burundi?
The McDonald’s chain does not operate in Burundi.
The KFC chain does not operate in Burundi.
The Burger King chain does not operate in Burundi.
The Subway chain does not operate in Burundi.
The Domino’s Pizza chain does not operate in Burundi.
The Starbucks chain does not operate in Burundi.
- Country by National Dish (Samson Daniel)
What is the weather like in Bujumbura?
Weather data for Bujumbura (capital city) by Open-Meteo.com
Railways There are no passenger trains available.
Subway Systems There is no subway system in any city.
Taxi Apps Unfortunately neither Uber nor Bolt are available in Burundi.
- List of high-speed railway lines (Wikipedia)
- List of metro systems (Wikipedia)
- Left- and right-hand traffic (Wikipedia)
- The Global Enabling Trade Report 2016: Road connectivity (World Economic Forum)
Emergency phones in Burundi
- Burundi Travel Advisory (United States: Department of State)
- Travel Advice for Burundi (United Kingdom: The Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office)
- Mortality caused by road traffic injury (The World Bank Group)
- Corruption & Economic Crime (United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime)
Smoking & Alcohol
Smoking ban Smoking is forbidden in all public indoor locations, with limited exceptions.
Cananbis legality Both recreational and medicinal use of cannabis is prohibited.
- List of smoking bans (Wikipedia)
- Legality of cannabis (Wikipedia)