Tuvalu is a country located in Polynesia. The country has no land neighbors.
English is an official language in Tuvalu. It means that if you speak it, you would be able to communicate with almost everyone. If not, it is highly recommended that you acquire some basic English before traveling to Tuvalu.
The national currency in Tuvalu is Australian dollar (AUD). The dollar ($) is subdivided into 100 cent (c).
With today’s currency rate, 1 EUR is worth 1.65 AUD and 1 USD is worth 1.53 AUD.
Check with your bank before your trip to find out if there are any fees for using your card abroad. Some banks do not charge fees when you use a foreign ATM or pay in foreign currency, but others may charge a fixed cost for each transaction or allow a limited number of free withdrawals. The travel card provided by Wise.com, Revolut or Monose might be an excellent option to cut down on transaction fees.
Ookla® Speedtest No data available.
ATM Density No data available.
SIM Registration No data available.
There is one common socket type used in Tuvalu. Type I is not very common around the world, so it might be a good idea to check if your electronics need an adapter.
The sockets’ shapes and voltage differ from country to country and a travel plug adapter may be required. Portable devices, such as phones, notebooks or tablets, usually handle the entire range of voltages used across the world (110-240V).
- EF English Proficiency Index (EF Education First)
- Speedtest Global Index® (Ookla®)
- Automated teller machines (ATMs) (per 100,000 adults) (The World Bank Group)
- Registration Policies Per Country (Prepaid Data SIM Card Wiki)
What hotel chains are present in Tuvalu?
There are no Mariott hotels in Tuvalu.
There are no Hilton hotels in Tuvalu.
There are no IHG hotels in Tuvalu.
There are no Best Western hotels in Tuvalu.
There are no Radisson hotels in Tuvalu.
There are no Accor hotels in Tuvalu.
What fast food chains are present in Tuvalu?
The McDonald’s chain does not operate in Tuvalu.
The KFC chain does not operate in Tuvalu.
The Burger King chain does not operate in Tuvalu.
The Subway chain does not operate in Tuvalu.
The Domino’s Pizza chain does not operate in Tuvalu.
The Starbucks chain does not operate in Tuvalu.
- Country by National Dish (Samson Daniel)
What is the weather like in Funafuti?
Weather data for Funafuti (capital city) by Open-Meteo.com
Railways There are no passenger trains available.
Subway Systems There is no subway system in any city.
Taxi Apps Unfortunately neither Uber nor Bolt are available in Tuvalu.
- List of high-speed railway lines (Wikipedia)
- List of metro systems (Wikipedia)
- Left- and right-hand traffic (Wikipedia)
- The Global Enabling Trade Report 2016: Road connectivity (World Economic Forum)
Emergency phones in Tuvalu
- Tuvalu Travel Advisory (United States: Department of State)
- Travel Advice for Tuvalu (United Kingdom: The Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office)
- Mortality caused by road traffic injury (The World Bank Group)
- Corruption & Economic Crime (United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime)
Smoking & Alcohol
Smoking ban No known rules against smoking, or no information is available.
Cananbis legality Both recreational and medicinal use of cannabis is prohibited.
- List of smoking bans (Wikipedia)
- Legality of cannabis (Wikipedia)