Trinidad and Tobago is a country located in Caribbean. The country has no land neighbors.
English is an official language in Trinidad and Tobago. It means that if you speak it, you would be able to communicate with almost everyone. If not, it is highly recommended that you acquire some basic English before traveling to Trinidad and Tobago.
The national currency in Trinidad and Tobago is Trinidad and Tobago dollar (TTD). The dollar (TT$) is subdivided into 100 cent.
With today’s currency rate, 1 EUR is worth 7.28 TTD and 1 USD is worth 6.79 TTD.
Check with your bank before your trip to find out if there are any fees for using your card abroad. Some banks do not charge fees when you use a foreign ATM or pay in foreign currency, but others may charge a fixed cost for each transaction or allow a limited number of free withdrawals. The travel card provided by Wise.com, Revolut or Monose might be an excellent option to cut down on transaction fees.
Ookla® Speedtest The average fixed internet speed in Trinidad and Tobago is 106.17 Mbps and mobile is 41.38 Mbs.The global average is 159.18 Mbps and 109.61 Mbps respectively.
ATM Density When compared to the world average, Trinidad and Tobago has more ATMs.44.08 ATMs per 100,000 people.The global average is 39.69.
SIM Registration No data available.
There are 2 socket types used in Trinidad and Tobago. Type A & Type B are widespread in North America (incl. the U.S.), Central America, Japan, and the Philippines.
The sockets’ shapes and voltage differ from country to country and a travel plug adapter may be required. Portable devices, such as phones, notebooks or tablets, usually handle the entire range of voltages used across the world (110-240V).
- EF English Proficiency Index (EF Education First)
- Speedtest Global Index® (Ookla®)
- Automated teller machines (ATMs) (per 100,000 adults) (The World Bank Group)
- Registration Policies Per Country (Prepaid Data SIM Card Wiki)
What hotel chains are present in Trinidad and Tobago?
There are no Mariott hotels in Trinidad and Tobago.
The Hilton hotel chain operates in Trinidad and Tobago.
The IHG hotel chain operates in Trinidad and Tobago.
There are no Best Western hotels in Trinidad and Tobago.
There are Radisson hotels in Port of Spain.
There are no Accor hotels in Trinidad and Tobago.
What fast food chains are present in Trinidad and Tobago?
The McDonald’s chain operates in Trinidad and Tobago.
The KFC chain operates in Trinidad and Tobago.
The Burger King chain operates in Trinidad and Tobago.
The Subway chain operates in Trinidad and Tobago.
The Domino’s Pizza chain does not operate in Trinidad and Tobago.
The Starbucks chain operates in Trinidad and Tobago.
- Country by National Dish (Samson Daniel)
What is the weather like in Port of Spain?
Weather data for Port of Spain (capital city) by Open-Meteo.com
Railways There are no passenger trains available.
Subway Systems There is no subway system in any city.
Taxi Apps Unfortunately neither Uber nor Bolt are available in Trinidad and Tobago.
- List of high-speed railway lines (Wikipedia)
- List of metro systems (Wikipedia)
- Left- and right-hand traffic (Wikipedia)
- The Global Enabling Trade Report 2016: Road connectivity (World Economic Forum)
Emergency phones in Trinidad and Tobago
- Trinidad and Tobago Travel Advisory (United States: Department of State)
- Travel Advice for Trinidad and Tobago (United Kingdom: The Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office)
- Mortality caused by road traffic injury (The World Bank Group)
- Corruption & Economic Crime (United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime)
Smoking & Alcohol
Smoking ban No known rules against smoking, or no information is available.
Cananbis legality Recreational usage: Decriminalized up to 30g
Medical usage: Illegal
- List of smoking bans (Wikipedia)
- Legality of cannabis (Wikipedia)