Saint Lucia is a country located in Caribbean. The country has no land neighbors.
English is an official language in Saint Lucia. It means that if you speak it, you would be able to communicate with almost everyone. If not, it is highly recommended that you acquire some basic English before traveling to Saint Lucia.
The national currency in Saint Lucia is East Caribbean dollar (XCD). The dollar (EC$) is subdivided into 100 cent.
With today’s currency rate, 1 EUR is worth 2.9 XCD and 1 USD is worth 2.7 XCD.
Check with your bank before your trip to find out if there are any fees for using your card abroad. Some banks do not charge fees when you use a foreign ATM or pay in foreign currency, but others may charge a fixed cost for each transaction or allow a limited number of free withdrawals. The travel card provided by Wise.com, Revolut or Monose might be an excellent option to cut down on transaction fees.
Ookla® Speedtest The average fixed internet speed in Saint Lucia is 135.08 Mbps and mobile is Mbs.The global average is 159.18 Mbps and 109.61 Mbps respectively.
ATM Density The number of ATMs per person in Saint Lucia is close to the world average.42.84 ATMs per 100,000 people.The global average is 39.69.
SIM Registration In order to purchase a SIM card in Saint Lucia, a passport or ID is required as identification.
There is one common socket type used in Saint Lucia. Type G is not very common around the world, so it might be a good idea to check if your electronics need an adapter.
The sockets’ shapes and voltage differ from country to country and a travel plug adapter may be required. Portable devices, such as phones, notebooks or tablets, usually handle the entire range of voltages used across the world (110-240V).
- EF English Proficiency Index (EF Education First)
- Speedtest Global Index® (Ookla®)
- Automated teller machines (ATMs) (per 100,000 adults) (The World Bank Group)
- Registration Policies Per Country (Prepaid Data SIM Card Wiki)
What hotel chains are present in Saint Lucia?
There are no Mariott hotels in Saint Lucia.
The Hilton hotel chain operates in Saint Lucia.
There are no IHG hotels in Saint Lucia.
There are no Best Western hotels in Saint Lucia.
There are no Radisson hotels in Saint Lucia.
There are no Accor hotels in Saint Lucia.
What fast food chains are present in Saint Lucia?
The McDonald’s chain does not operate in Saint Lucia.
The KFC chain operates in Saint Lucia.
The Burger King chain operates in Saint Lucia.
The Subway chain operates in Saint Lucia.
The Domino’s Pizza chain does not operate in Saint Lucia.
The Starbucks chain does not operate in Saint Lucia.
- Country by National Dish (Samson Daniel)
What is the weather like in Castries?
Weather data for Castries (capital city) by Open-Meteo.com
Railways There are no passenger trains available.
Subway Systems There is no subway system in any city.
Taxi Apps Unfortunately neither Uber nor Bolt are available in Saint Lucia.
- List of high-speed railway lines (Wikipedia)
- List of metro systems (Wikipedia)
- Left- and right-hand traffic (Wikipedia)
- The Global Enabling Trade Report 2016: Road connectivity (World Economic Forum)
Emergency phones in Saint Lucia
- Saint Lucia Travel Advisory (United States: Department of State)
- Travel Advice for Saint Lucia (United Kingdom: The Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office)
- Mortality caused by road traffic injury (The World Bank Group)
- Corruption & Economic Crime (United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime)
Smoking & Alcohol
Smoking ban No known rules against smoking, or no information is available.
Cananbis legality Recreational usage: Decriminalized up to 30g
Medical usage: Illegal
- List of smoking bans (Wikipedia)
- Legality of cannabis (Wikipedia)