The United Arab Emirates is a country located in Western Asia. There are 2 countries (Oman, Saudi Arabia) that The United Arab Emirates shares its borders with. The official language of The United Arab Emirates is Arabic. Traveling across The United Arab Emirates if English is your first (and only) language may be difficult due to language barriers.
In the EF English Competency Index (EF EPI), which assesses the language proficiency of non-native speaking countries, The United Arab Emirates was ranked 69th out of 100 countries in 2021.
The national currency in The United Arab Emirates is United Arab Emirates dirham (AED). The dirham (.د.ب) is subdivided into 100 fils (فلس).
With today’s currency rate, 1 EUR is worth 3.94 AED and 1 USD is worth 3.67 AED.
Check with your bank before your trip to find out if there are any fees for using your card abroad. Some banks do not charge fees when you use a foreign ATM or pay in foreign currency, but others may charge a fixed cost for each transaction or allow a limited number of free withdrawals. The travel card provided by Wise.com, Revolut or Monose might be an excellent option to cut down on transaction fees.
Ookla® Speedtest The average fixed internet speed in The United Arab Emirates is 266.57 Mbps and mobile is 351.14 Mbs.The global average is 159.18 Mbps and 109.61 Mbps respectively.
ATM Density When compared to the world average, The United Arab Emirates has more ATMs.51.70 ATMs per 100,000 people.The global average is 39.69.
SIM Registration In order to purchase a SIM card in The United Arab Emirates, a passport or ID is required as identification.
There are 3 socket types used in The United Arab Emirates. Type C is a popular socket type throughout Europe (except the United Kingdom), Russia, and certain Asian countries. Type D is not very common around the world, so it might be a good idea to check if your electronics need an adapter.
The sockets’ shapes and voltage differ from country to country and a travel plug adapter may be required. Portable devices, such as phones, notebooks or tablets, usually handle the entire range of voltages used across the world (110-240V).
- EF English Proficiency Index (EF Education First)
- Speedtest Global Index® (Ookla®)
- Automated teller machines (ATMs) (per 100,000 adults) (The World Bank Group)
- Registration Policies Per Country (Prepaid Data SIM Card Wiki)
What hotel chains are present in United Arab Emirates?
There are Mariott hotels in 2 cities: Abu Dhabi and Dubai.
The Hilton hotel chain operates in The United Arab Emirates.
The IHG hotel chain operates in The United Arab Emirates.
The Best Western hotel chain operates in The United Arab Emirates.
There are Radisson hotels in 6 cities.
The Accor hotel chain operates in The United Arab Emirates.
What fast food chains are present in United Arab Emirates?
The McDonald’s chain operates in The United Arab Emirates.
The KFC chain operates in The United Arab Emirates.
The Burger King chain operates in The United Arab Emirates.
The Subway chain operates in The United Arab Emirates.
The Domino’s Pizza chain does not operate in The United Arab Emirates.
The Starbucks chain operates in The United Arab Emirates.
- Country by National Dish (Samson Daniel)
What is the weather like in Abu Dhabi?
Weather data for Abu Dhabi (capital city) by Open-Meteo.com
Railways There are no passenger trains available.
Subway Systems The subway system is available in Dubai.
- List of high-speed railway lines (Wikipedia)
- List of metro systems (Wikipedia)
- Left- and right-hand traffic (Wikipedia)
- The Global Enabling Trade Report 2016: Road connectivity (World Economic Forum)
Emergency phones in United Arab Emirates
- The United Arab Emirates Travel Advisory (United States: Department of State)
- Travel Advice for The United Arab Emirates (United Kingdom: The Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office)
- Mortality caused by road traffic injury (The World Bank Group)
- Corruption & Economic Crime (United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime)
Smoking & Alcohol
Smoking ban Smoking is prohibited in all public areas excluding entertainment and restaurants.
Cananbis legality Both recreational and medicinal use of cannabis is prohibited.
The products are only for your own use or consumption, or as a present for members of your household. They may not be imported for commercial purposes under any circumstances.
- 4L of alcohol beverages, or 2 cartons of beer (each consisting of 24 cans, not exceeding 355 ml for each can or its equivalent)
- AED 2,000 worth of cigarettes or 400 sticks of cigarettes
- List of smoking bans (Wikipedia)
- Legality of cannabis (Wikipedia)