Qatar is a country located in Western Asia. Qatar has only one border country: Saudi Arabia. The official language of Qatar is Arabic. Traveling across Qatar if English is your first (and only) language may be difficult due to language barriers.
In the EF English Competency Index (EF EPI), which assesses the language proficiency of non-native speaking countries, Qatar was ranked 79th out of 100 countries in 2021.
The national currency in Qatar is Qatari riyal (QAR). The riyal (ق.ر ) is subdivided into 100 dirham.
With today’s currency rate, 1 EUR is worth 3.91 QAR and 1 USD is worth 3.64 QAR.
Check with your bank before your trip to find out if there are any fees for using your card abroad. Some banks do not charge fees when you use a foreign ATM or pay in foreign currency, but others may charge a fixed cost for each transaction or allow a limited number of free withdrawals. The travel card provided by Wise.com, Revolut or Monose might be an excellent option to cut down on transaction fees.
Ookla® Speedtest The average fixed internet speed in Qatar is 164.61 Mbps and mobile is 332.18 Mbs.The global average is 159.18 Mbps and 109.61 Mbps respectively.
ATM Density When compared to the world average, Qatar has more ATMs.52.41 ATMs per 100,000 people.The global average is 39.69.
SIM Registration In order to purchase a SIM card in Qatar, a passport or ID is required as identification.
There are 2 socket types used in Qatar. Type D is not very common around the world, so it might be a good idea to check if your electronics need an adapter.
The sockets’ shapes and voltage differ from country to country and a travel plug adapter may be required. Portable devices, such as phones, notebooks or tablets, usually handle the entire range of voltages used across the world (110-240V).
- EF English Proficiency Index (EF Education First)
- Speedtest Global Index® (Ookla®)
- Automated teller machines (ATMs) (per 100,000 adults) (The World Bank Group)
- Registration Policies Per Country (Prepaid Data SIM Card Wiki)
What hotel chains are present in Qatar?
There are Mariott hotels in Doha.
The Hilton hotel chain operates in Qatar.
The IHG hotel chain operates in Qatar.
The Best Western hotel chain operates in Qatar.
There are Radisson hotels in Doha.
The Accor hotel chain operates in Qatar.
What fast food chains are present in Qatar?
The McDonald’s chain operates in Qatar.
The KFC chain operates in Qatar.
The Burger King chain does not operate in Qatar.
The Subway chain operates in Qatar.
The Domino’s Pizza chain operates in Qatar.
The Starbucks chain operates in Qatar.
- Country by National Dish (Samson Daniel)
What is the weather like in Doha?
Weather data for Doha (capital city) by Open-Meteo.com
Railways There are no passenger trains available.
Subway Systems The subway system is available in Doha.
- List of high-speed railway lines (Wikipedia)
- List of metro systems (Wikipedia)
- Left- and right-hand traffic (Wikipedia)
- The Global Enabling Trade Report 2016: Road connectivity (World Economic Forum)
Emergency phones in Qatar
- Qatar Travel Advisory (United States: Department of State)
- Travel Advice for Qatar (United Kingdom: The Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office)
- Mortality caused by road traffic injury (The World Bank Group)
- Corruption & Economic Crime (United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime)
Smoking & Alcohol
Smoking ban Smoking is forbidden in all public indoor locations, with limited exceptions.
Cananbis legality Both recreational and medicinal use of cannabis is prohibited.
- List of smoking bans (Wikipedia)
- Legality of cannabis (Wikipedia)