Macao is a country located in Eastern Asia. Macao has only one border country: China. As for languages, the country’s residents speak Chinese and Portuguese.
The national currency in Macao is Macanese pataca (MOP). The pataca (MOP$) is subdivided into 10 ho (毫).
With today’s currency rate, 1 EUR is worth 8.66 MOP and 1 USD is worth 8.07 MOP.
Check with your bank before your trip to find out if there are any fees for using your card abroad. Some banks do not charge fees when you use a foreign ATM or pay in foreign currency, but others may charge a fixed cost for each transaction or allow a limited number of free withdrawals. The travel card provided by Wise.com, Revolut or Monose might be an excellent option to cut down on transaction fees.
Ookla® Speedtest The average fixed internet speed in Macao is 206.96 Mbps and mobile is 266.16 Mbs.The global average is 159.18 Mbps and 109.61 Mbps respectively.
ATM Density Macao has more ATMs than most other countries.316.31 ATMs per 100,000 people.The global average is 39.69.
SIM Registration No data available.
There are 4 socket types used in Macao. Type D is not very common around the world, so it might be a good idea to check if your electronics need an adapter.
The sockets’ shapes and voltage differ from country to country and a travel plug adapter may be required. Portable devices, such as phones, notebooks or tablets, usually handle the entire range of voltages used across the world (110-240V).
- EF English Proficiency Index (EF Education First)
- Speedtest Global Index® (Ookla®)
- Automated teller machines (ATMs) (per 100,000 adults) (The World Bank Group)
- Registration Policies Per Country (Prepaid Data SIM Card Wiki)
What hotel chains are present in Macao?
There are Mariott hotels in Macau.
The Hilton hotel chain operates in Macao.
The IHG hotel chain operates in Macao.
There are no Best Western hotels in Macao.
There are no Radisson hotels in Macao.
The Accor hotel chain operates in Macao.
What fast food chains are present in Macao?
The McDonald’s chain does not operate in Macao.
The KFC chain operates in Macao.
The Burger King chain does not operate in Macao.
The Subway chain operates in Macao.
The Domino’s Pizza chain does not operate in Macao.
The Starbucks chain does not operate in Macao.
- Country by National Dish (Samson Daniel)
What is the weather like in Macao?
Weather data for Macao (capital city) by Open-Meteo.com
Railways There are passenger trains operating between some cities.
Subway Systems The subway system is available in 1 city.
- List of high-speed railway lines (Wikipedia)
- List of metro systems (Wikipedia)
- Left- and right-hand traffic (Wikipedia)
- The Global Enabling Trade Report 2016: Road connectivity (World Economic Forum)
Emergency phones in Macao
- Macao Travel Advisory (United States: Department of State)
- Travel Advice for Macao (United Kingdom: The Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office)
- Mortality caused by road traffic injury (The World Bank Group)
- Corruption & Economic Crime (United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime)
Smoking & Alcohol
Smoking ban There is no national smoke-free law, but some areas may have their own rules.
Cananbis legality No data available.
- List of smoking bans (Wikipedia)
- Legality of cannabis (Wikipedia)