Lebanon is a country located in Western Asia. There are 2 countries (Israel, Syria) that Lebanon shares its borders with. As for languages, the country’s residents speak Arabic and French. Unfortunately, if you speak English, it might be problematic to communicate fluently unless you know Arabic.
In the EF English Competency Index (EF EPI), which assesses the language proficiency of non-native speaking countries, Lebanon was ranked 34th out of 100 countries in 2021.
The national currency in Lebanon is Lebanese pound (LBP). The pound (ل.ل) is subdivided into 100 piastre.
With today’s currency rate, 1 EUR is worth 16101.62 LBP and 1 USD is worth 15004.94 LBP.
Check with your bank before your trip to find out if there are any fees for using your card abroad. Some banks do not charge fees when you use a foreign ATM or pay in foreign currency, but others may charge a fixed cost for each transaction or allow a limited number of free withdrawals. The travel card provided by Wise.com, Revolut or Monose might be an excellent option to cut down on transaction fees.
Ookla® Speedtest The average fixed internet speed in Lebanon is 21.38 Mbps and mobile is 41.88 Mbs.The global average is 159.18 Mbps and 109.61 Mbps respectively.
ATM Density When compared to the world average, Lebanon has less ATMs.33.72 ATMs per 100,000 people.The global average is 39.69.
SIM Registration In order to purchase a SIM card in Lebanon, a passport or ID is required as identification.
There are 5 socket types used in Lebanon. Type A & Type B are widespread in North America (incl. the U.S.), Central America, Japan, and the Philippines. Type C is a popular socket type throughout Europe (except the United Kingdom), Russia, and certain Asian countries. Type D is not very common around the world, so it might be a good idea to check if your electronics need an adapter.
The sockets’ shapes and voltage differ from country to country and a travel plug adapter may be required. Portable devices, such as phones, notebooks or tablets, usually handle the entire range of voltages used across the world (110-240V).
- EF English Proficiency Index (EF Education First)
- Speedtest Global Index® (Ookla®)
- Automated teller machines (ATMs) (per 100,000 adults) (The World Bank Group)
- Registration Policies Per Country (Prepaid Data SIM Card Wiki)
What hotel chains are present in Lebanon?
There are no Mariott hotels in Lebanon.
The Hilton hotel chain operates in Lebanon.
The IHG hotel chain operates in Lebanon.
There are no Best Western hotels in Lebanon.
There are Radisson hotels in Beirut.
The Accor hotel chain operates in Lebanon.
What fast food chains are present in Lebanon?
The McDonald’s chain operates in Lebanon.
The KFC chain operates in Lebanon.
The Burger King chain operates in Lebanon.
The Subway chain does not operate in Lebanon.
The Domino’s Pizza chain operates in Lebanon.
The Starbucks chain operates in Lebanon.
- Country by National Dish (Samson Daniel)
What is the weather like in Beirut?
Weather data for Beirut (capital city) by Open-Meteo.com
Railways There are no passenger trains available.
Subway Systems There is no subway system in any city.
- List of high-speed railway lines (Wikipedia)
- List of metro systems (Wikipedia)
- Left- and right-hand traffic (Wikipedia)
- The Global Enabling Trade Report 2016: Road connectivity (World Economic Forum)
Emergency phones in Lebanon
- Lebanon Travel Advisory (United States: Department of State)
- Travel Advice for Lebanon (United Kingdom: The Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office)
- Mortality caused by road traffic injury (The World Bank Group)
- Corruption & Economic Crime (United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime)
Smoking & Alcohol
Smoking ban Smoking is forbidden in all public indoor locations, with limited exceptions.
Cananbis legality Recreational usage is prohibited, but medical use is legal.
- List of smoking bans (Wikipedia)
- Legality of cannabis (Wikipedia)