Eswatini is a country located in Southern Africa. There are 2 countries (Mozambique, South Africa) that Eswatini shares its borders with. As for languages, the country’s residents speak English and Swati.
The national currency in Eswatini is Swazi lilangeni (SZL). The lilangeni or emalangeni (L or E) is subdivided into 100 cent.
With today’s currency rate, 1 EUR is worth 21.21 SZL and 1 USD is worth 19.76 SZL.
Check with your bank before your trip to find out if there are any fees for using your card abroad. Some banks do not charge fees when you use a foreign ATM or pay in foreign currency, but others may charge a fixed cost for each transaction or allow a limited number of free withdrawals. The travel card provided by Wise.com, Revolut or Monose might be an excellent option to cut down on transaction fees.
Ookla® Speedtest The average fixed internet speed in Eswatini is 26.06 Mbps and mobile is Mbs.The global average is 159.18 Mbps and 109.61 Mbps respectively.
ATM Density The number of ATMs per person in Eswatini is close to the world average.41.67 ATMs per 100,000 people.The global average is 39.69.
SIM Registration In order to purchase a SIM card in Eswatini, a passport or ID is required as identification.
There is one common socket type used in Eswatini. Type M is not very common around the world, so it might be a good idea to check if your electronics need an adapter.
The sockets’ shapes and voltage differ from country to country and a travel plug adapter may be required. Portable devices, such as phones, notebooks or tablets, usually handle the entire range of voltages used across the world (110-240V).
- EF English Proficiency Index (EF Education First)
- Speedtest Global Index® (Ookla®)
- Automated teller machines (ATMs) (per 100,000 adults) (The World Bank Group)
- Registration Policies Per Country (Prepaid Data SIM Card Wiki)
What hotel chains are present in Eswatini?
There are no Mariott hotels in Eswatini.
The Hilton hotel chain operates in Eswatini.
There are no IHG hotels in Eswatini.
There are no Best Western hotels in Eswatini.
There are no Radisson hotels in Eswatini.
There are no Accor hotels in Eswatini.
What fast food chains are present in Eswatini?
The McDonald’s chain does not operate in Eswatini.
The KFC chain operates in Eswatini.
The Burger King chain does not operate in Eswatini.
The Subway chain does not operate in Eswatini.
The Domino’s Pizza chain does not operate in Eswatini.
The Starbucks chain does not operate in Eswatini.
- Country by National Dish (Samson Daniel)
What is the weather like in Lobamba?
Weather data for Lobamba (capital city) by Open-Meteo.com
Railways There are passenger trains operating between some cities.
Subway Systems There is no subway system in any city.
Taxi Apps Unfortunately neither Uber nor Bolt are available in Eswatini.
- List of high-speed railway lines (Wikipedia)
- List of metro systems (Wikipedia)
- Left- and right-hand traffic (Wikipedia)
- The Global Enabling Trade Report 2016: Road connectivity (World Economic Forum)
Emergency phones in Eswatini
- Eswatini Travel Advisory (United States: Department of State)
- Travel Advice for Eswatini (United Kingdom: The Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office)
- Mortality caused by road traffic injury (The World Bank Group)
- Corruption & Economic Crime (United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime)
Smoking & Alcohol
Smoking ban No known rules against smoking, or no information is available.
Cananbis legality Both recreational and medicinal use of cannabis is prohibited.
The products are only for your own use or consumption, or as a present for members of your household. They may not be imported for commercial purposes under any circumstances.
- 2 litres of wine
- 1 litre of spirituous and other alcoholic beverages
- 200 cigarettes and 20 cigars
- 250g of cigarette or pipe tobacco
- General Import & Export Rules
- List of smoking bans (Wikipedia)
- Legality of cannabis (Wikipedia)